“(1) to identify the couple’s core dynamic and its expression of each partner’s personal history;
(2) to translate the meaning of each partner’s problematic behavior: what is the story that each is attempting to tell?
(3) to put language and affect to the trauma stories; building an empathic connection between the partners; linking the unwanted behaviors to the trauma stories;
(4) to integrate trauma memory, behavior, affect, and meaning in shared moments;
(5) to make a shared commitment to eradicating the unwanted behaviors;
(6) to apologize, forgive, and renew trust and commitment;
(7) to create a new sexual relationship between the partners” (p. 85).