APSATS has approved the following certification process for those therapists or coaches who have completed the 4 day APSATS MPTM Certification Training program. Once the applicant has successfully completed the training and receives a certificate of completion of the program, the applicant will then complete the following requirements for consideration for Certification by APSATS as a Certified Clinical Partner Specialist (CCPS) or Certified Partner Coach (CPC).
Please note that these requirements are our initial requirements. We reserve the right to make changes to these requirements in the future as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
To become certified after completion of the required training modules, an applicant will meet the following requirements:
1. Licensed or license eligible in their state or comparable process from another country OR certified as a Coach through either an ICF approved program or a BCC approved program.
2. Completion of 30 hours of case consultation with an APSATS approved consultation supervisor, which can be face-to-face or via telephone or web-based forum, and any combination of individual or group. You will also complete at least 125 hours of direct service with partners, couples, groups etc. while working toward certification.
3. Provide two professional references + Supervisor recommendation letter/evaluation.
4. Complete an application process that includes the following:
- Copy of any state licenses or certifications or equivalent
- Copy of graduate level education transcripts/diplomas (for clinical certification)
- Up to date resume/CV
- List of professional affiliations
- Proof of liability insurance
- Proof of completion of required training (MPTM 4 Day Training)
- Completed and signed Supervisor Evaluation & Recommendation Letter
- Complete written case study to be reviewed by application committee
- Payment of a $200 application fee
You can download a copy of either application when you are close to meeting these requirements and are ready to apply for certification.